The STROOP Paradigm Test
Purpose of the test: to investigate the potential of ZEISS BioChrom green-tinted lens lenses to relax during a stressful task.
- Test stroop paradigm
- Participants were presented geometric shapes with an incongruent shape-word written in it. The participants were asked to respond and indicate the correct shape, ignoring the word written within the shape.
Test was taken:
- without lenses
- with BioChromRelax NB310 (medium intensity) lenses
The Migraine test
Purpose of the test: to assess if green light may have a stress relief effect by reducing the intensity migraine.
- participants with migraine were exposed to different colored lights at different intensity and were asked to describe any change (worsening or improvement) in their headache Intensity.
- Participants with migraine seat in a low light room for 20 and rated the headache intensity
- Testing phase: Migraine test
Test was taken:
- with white light lenses
- with green light
Participants wearing ZEISS BioChrom green-tinted lenses showed a higher number of correct answers in these stress tests than study participants not wearing green-tinted lenses.
- Green relaxes body and psyche
- Green has a positive effect, which increases creativity.
- Green light elicits a less strong visual and cortical response. The calming effect of green is perceived consciously, while the effect on increased creativity is unconscious.
- Studies reveal that exposure to green light significantly reduces head stress intensity compared to exposure to white light
- Studies show that among participants exposed to office environment light, green light significantly reduced pain intensity in about 20% of the participants, while white light increased headache intensity.